Monday, February 28, 2011

The First of the Lasts

So - Pep Band. I don't remember a time when I didn't have to be at every home sporting event on campus! My friend, Tiana, said the other day "Look at how excited the freshmen are. They cheer and scream and clap. You know the upper-classmen because we're all sitting around bored out of our minds!"

She's right, you know. I'm bored out of my mind most of the time... except for when the percussionists are being funny.

... but my point is: This is the last pep band responsibility I have - and, please, I KNOW I will have to run who knows how many years of a HS or MS pep band. Let me bask in the glory for a moment!

My undergraduate experience is coming to a close. You know, I never thought I'd get here. Ever. It's been one of my goals, but so long-term that I can't believe I'm standing here. At the end.

... but the most exciting thing? Life is next.




Soooo - we lost. Nothing against the SUU Women's basketball team, though. They've had a really good season.



It all started off when Brandon and I went to Dr. McCoy's house for an SUU Family Night that we were invited to because he's one of our teachers in the Block. We follow the directions - there was a ridiculous amount of right turning although we didn't go in a square - and Brandon FREAKS OUT when we get there. We're like three minutes early and he has a freaking crap attack.... but it was way hilarious and I love him!!!!

And we were the first people there, but it was slightly awkward. But Dr. McCoy and his family were super nice. We talked about band programs until Mike came in... and the conversation just kept getting more nerdy. Then other content area people walked in and we changed topics :)

Rewinding for a second - at lunch or just after lunch, Matt, Brandon, and I sang out parts to the Final Countdown. Why? Who the heck knows... but it has made me curious what the music video is like. Enjoy:



I kind of want to burn my red SUU Band shirts -- I always feel like a big red blimp. Always.


1 comment: